Answered By: Audrey Baker Last Updated: Sep 08, 2016 Views: 125
Google Scholar is different from other search engines because it retrieves only scholarly publications and case law. Scholar was created for academic research, so you never have to worry about the quality of its sources. Best of all, the RSU Libraries are now synced with Google Scholar, so you can instantly see what's available through our holdings.
If you are using Google Scholar on a university computer from any of the three RSU campuses, Scholar will already be set to search the RSU Libraries. If you are off-campus, you will need to set scholar to search and show our holdings. To do this:
- Go to scholar.google.com
- Click on the "Settings" icon, which is located at the top center of the page.
- After you select "Settings" you will be on the "Scholar Settings" page. From here, click on "Library Links," which is located under "Search Results" on the left side of the page.
- From here, you will be taken to a search box where you can find and select up to five libraries to search. To see holdings in the RSU Libraries, type "Rogers State University" into the search box, then select "Rogers State University- Full Text @ RSU Library" and "ROGERS STATE UNIVERSITY- ProQuest Full Text."
- Once you have started searching, articles available in full-text through the RSU Libraries or the open web will be hyperlinked on the right side of the page.
- If you find an article that meets your needs, you may be able to find more like it by clicking on either the "Cited by" or "Related articles" link, which will be located at the bottom of the article's citation.
If you try to access an article that is not available though RSU Libraries, you may be prompted to input your credit card information and pay a fee for access. Never pay to access journal articles online. If we don't have it, we will get it for you from another library for free. Simply fill out the interlibrary loan request form to request any article that you need.
Do you want to learn more? Watch a video demonstration on how the search the RSU Libraries with Google Scholar.